Traverse Feature Template Attributes

08-01-2022 09:34 AM
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed that if I have attributes set in Create Features for an active template, then I create a Traverse using that same template, it will actually retain whatever attributes I have set there.

I think that's a good thing, because I may want to traverse a series of lines with attributes that are different from the default, such as changing the label position of my COGO lines, or pre-setting a certain COGO Accuracy.

The trouble, though, is that it requires me to be clicking back and forth between two different panes, Create and Modify. If I forget that I have an active template in the one, I may accidentally create features with attributes that I don't mean to.

What I would like to see, if possible, is a way to click into the Active Template view from the Traverse.

jcarlson_0-1659371465229.png

Maybe a button in the template dropdown? Or perhaps when a template prompts the user for attributes, somehow show that form in the Traverse window?

Maybe this isn't possible, but it seems to me that if the Traverse tool is going to honor settings in the Active Template, there should be a direct link between the two. Or perhaps some way of "nesting" the active template into the Traverse tool, maybe on a sub-menu of the panel?