When creating a Group, the option to allow group members to make edits is missing

Jump to solution
09-06-2023 06:08 AM
Labels (1)
user74562
New Contributor II

I am creating a group on my organization's internal geoportal. The group will have access to a site application I've been creating. I want group members to be able to edit and update the site application. My understanding is this setting can only be enabled when creating a group, not after the group is already created. Online ESRI instructions say there should be the option: "What items in the group can its members update?", with the possibility to select "All items". However, this option is missing when I create a group. Screenshot of what I see is below. The online instructions includes everything in the screenshot. The only thing missing is the member updating option. Is this option restricted by my organization? Or has the location of this option changed? Thank you for any help. 

problem_image.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @user74562 

I believe what you are wanting to do is create a "Shared update" group, do you have this option when creating the group?

IssyAmis_0-1694015718079.png

You can find more information about this here: Create groups—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

Hopefully, this solves your query but do let me know if you don't get this option or this isn't what you are looking for.

Many thanks,

Issy

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @user74562 

I believe what you are wanting to do is create a "Shared update" group, do you have this option when creating the group?

IssyAmis_0-1694015718079.png

You can find more information about this here: Create groups—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

Hopefully, this solves your query but do let me know if you don't get this option or this isn't what you are looking for.

Many thanks,

Issy

user74562
New Contributor II

Hi Issy,

This is indeed the solution. I was confused because this option didn't appear when I attempted to create a new group. This turned out to be an issue with the permissions granted to my AGOL profile. Getting that resolved made the option for shared updating appear for me to use. 

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos