Select to view content in your preferred language

Switch (and configure!) instant app templates

12-08-2022 02:14 PM
JeffThomasILM
Occasional Contributor II

One of the most interesting things about instant apps is that you can switch templates simply by changing the URL. E.g., "arcgis.com/apps/instant/basic/index.html?appid=xxxxx" and "arcgis.com/apps/instant/interactivelegend/index.html?appid=xxxxx". This is particularly useful because some templates have been deprecated and should be switched to another template. However, even if you can view another template by changing the URL, you can't configure that template. Even if you change the data source URL on the instant app's item page settings, it still doesn't change the underlying template associated with that AppID. I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if you just can't truly switch templates without starting from scratch with a new AppID.

2 Replies
LinzMess
New Contributor II

I would also like to know if a template can be switched in the configuration process or if you must start over with a new AppID!

0 Kudos
AB_GIS
by
New Contributor

Same question here! It's not ideal for our organisation to have new AppIDs, since we then have to update the links on our website every time that we want to change an app's template

0 Kudos