Sorry! There was a problem publishing your story

10-30-2023 08:45 AM
Labels (2)
MaggieOwen
New Contributor II

Hello, 

My team and I have been working on a StoryMap together for several months, and now as of this morning we are receiving the following error when we attempt to publish our recent changes: "Sorry! There was a problem publishing your story". 

The error message is a bit vague so none of us are sure what caused this sudden error. I've seen posts about this in the past, but haven't come across anything with a solution. If you have any ideas about what we can do to help successfully publish our StoryMap, I would really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MaggieOwen -- I'm sorry you've run into a problem publishing your story. If it's possible for you to share the story item publicly (from your ArcGIS content page) and provide the link here, we can take a look. If you are not able to do that, please contact Esri Support and they will be able to help you troubleshoot this.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
MaggieOwen
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response @OwenGeo!

The StoryMap my unit has been working on is currently a draft, so we would prefer not to share it publicly. I followed your link to contact Esri Support and saw that my account is not listed as an authorized caller for this organization. Perhaps I need to reach out to someone in my department to get permissions for this?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MaggieOwen - Yes, please coordinate with your internal support contacts so they can open a case for you. Unfortunately, here on the forums we can only try to help if the items are publicly available.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps