Related records support & functionality in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
03-01-2024 05:17 AM
Labels (2)
Tiff
by
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to ask about overall support and functionality for related records in AGOL. I know summer last year Map Viewer rolled out the related records in pop-ups and soon after that related records editing in Map Viewer.

I am still experiencing mismatches in support across platforms and would like to learn any tips or best practices in utilizing related tables in AGOL. For example, editing and adding related records in Field Maps works great. But I do not have a good method in editing, adding, and viewing related records on a web-based platform other than Web App Builder since Experience Builder is not yet available for editing related records. Also, with related tables that are set up as feature layers, it is easier to work with, but related tables with no geometry are tricky. For example, it is more difficult to find a related record and then understand which parent feature it is associated with just based on table functionality across apps.

Can anyone offer any advice or insight on how they have their layers and associated apps/workflows set up?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@TiffExperience builder does support related record editing as long as the layers in the webmap have a form configured with their relationships. If you bring in your own data outside of the webmap it will not work. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@TiffExperience builder does support related record editing as long as the layers in the webmap have a form configured with their relationships. If you bring in your own data outside of the webmap it will not work. Hope this helps

0 Kudos