QUESTION: Is it possible for a user to create a feature layer from a portal app?

Jump to solution
08-03-2023 08:41 AM
SteveF
by
New Contributor III

During a recent brain storming session, we came up with an idea of users viewing a web map, running a few filters and then saving that result set as a new product.

I ran some quick tests, and I can see that when I do this in a web map and then save as a new map, the resulting map will retain the filter state. 

That sort of works, but then that raised the question is it possible to do something like this in any of the portal apps?

A potential workflow would look like this:

1. Web Map back by a WS link that is incrementally updated.
  2. User performs filters to drill down to required result set.
  3. User saves result set (save as etc..) into a product that will exist within portal and can be directly linked to from an outside application.
  4. New product would have its own feature layer that would only contain the filtered result set and would not be linked back to the original web map in anyway.

NOTE: We would like to avoid the use of ArcPro in this process.

All suggestions are welcome.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmandaRing
Esri Contributor

Do your users have the ability to access the Analysis tools? The Find by Attributes and Location tool might do something similar to what you want.

Amanda
Product Engineer - Web Analysis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmandaRing
Esri Contributor

Do your users have the ability to access the Analysis tools? The Find by Attributes and Location tool might do something similar to what you want.

Amanda
Product Engineer - Web Analysis
0 Kudos
SteveF
by
New Contributor III

Thank you, I believe that will do it.

0 Kudos