Notebook Storage Credits

Jump to solution
10-20-2023 10:40 AM
Labels (2)
jmaxwell_braun
New Contributor III

I've been trying to figure out why we're burning through credits quickly. I noticed that notebook storage is very large and consuming lots of credits but I'm not sure why. The total combined size of my notebooks is quite small (<20 mb), but I'm seeing over 95 GB of storage in the "Notebook Storage Report".

I have a scheduled Notebook that backs up several feature services and saves them as file GDBs in my home folder. Do these count toward Notebook storage? I was under the impression they would consume credits at the normal file storage rate.

jmaxwell_braun_0-1697822893452.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MobiusSnake
MVP

I have a scheduled notebook that does the same thing and my notebook storage shows up as nothing.  Is there any chance you're writing temporary data to one of the notebook folders, like "/tmp" (I think it's /tmp, maybe /temp?)  I believe temp data will get cleaned up automatically, but not immediately.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP

I have a scheduled notebook that does the same thing and my notebook storage shows up as nothing.  Is there any chance you're writing temporary data to one of the notebook folders, like "/tmp" (I think it's /tmp, maybe /temp?)  I believe temp data will get cleaned up automatically, but not immediately.

0 Kudos
jmaxwell_braun
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply, MobiusSnake. Your suggestion is basically what was happening, but not a temp folder. The script is saving the zipped GDBs to a folder within the workspace folder in addition to saving a copy to a 'normal' folder.

I still need to dig into the script to figure out why it is doing that. After deleting the copies from the workspace folder, my credit usage plummeted.

0 Kudos