Multiuser editing in ArcGIS Online Feature Layer (Hosted)

09-08-2023 04:38 PM
Labels (1)
LonerockAdmin
New Contributor II

So my company has a variety of feature layers stored in ArcGIS Online. A consultant said it is possible for those to work in a Multiuser Editing environment like an SQL Server but using ArcGIS Online Cloud. I was wondering how that actually works. Does it Refresh automatically, Every 5 minutes, etc.? How do we manage different users editing the same file and if there are any compatibility issues? Just want to know everything about it if it's possible to do it. I saw another forum post on it but no one replied so I thought I would ask myself. 

Tags (2)
2 Replies
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greeting @LonerockAdmin 

Please, check the Data access and editing section of the documentation to learn about what is possible.  Also, please have a look at Publish hosted feature layers to become acquainted with what they are and how to create them.

Hope the above is of help.

Miguel
0 Kudos
LonerockAdmin
New Contributor II

Thanks, Miguel. I know how to create them since I've made quite a few in the past. I was just curious if the Editing portion, like using them in ArcPro and ArcGIS Online, includes that editing and if two people can work on that file and edit simultaneously. I would assume so. But last time we tried we got a Token error. But I think that was a different error altogether. (As seen in the picture below)

0 Kudos