Map Viewer Classic missing layers from Content

03-02-2023 03:12 PM
Labels (3)
LeahClark
New Contributor III

I'm noticing some odd behavior when using map viewer classic- it appears some of my layers are missing from the left panel Content pane. However, they layers appear on the map, as well as in the Legend in the left panel and they show up just fine when I just the new map viewer. Here's an overview of what I noticed. 

We are using Web App Builder Developer Edition and therefore my map is being built and saved in the map viewer classic format. I was looking at some data on a web app of ours and everything looked normal in the Layers widget as you can see here: 

LeahClark_1-1677797497417.png

But when I went into the Web Map for this to make adjustments, I did not see the layers in the Content:

LeahClark_2-1677797604768.png

Everything after 'Vac Traks Notifications' was missing. I verified that I was looking at the correct web map by navigating to the web map used by the app by clicking more details and checking that the map item ids matched, and even that the overview page listed the layers I was expecting to see.

LeahClark_3-1677797796196.png

LeahClark_4-1677797983079.png

LeahClark_5-1677798215371.pngLeahClark_6-1677798382735.png

As I mentioned I can also see this data in the map as well as in the legend, but it is not available in the Contents. For context, I am the owner of this map and all of the items are shared with me, and therefore should not be hidden for that reason. 

LeahClark_7-1677798527714.png

LeahClark_8-1677798647609.png

Is this a known issue or bug? Or is there something I should be doing differently in order to see this data?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeahClark
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the web map. If you cant share it publicly create a group and invite russell_jsapi and I can take a look at what might be happening.

0 Kudos
LeahClark
New Contributor III

Our data is behind a firewall so I wouldn't be able to share it, but I could screen share to offer some clarity.

0 Kudos
LeahClark
New Contributor III

@RussRoberts still dealing with this issue. Any update?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I don't have any additional info on this one without a repro map. We did have a case in MVC where the layer was missing if the domain was mapserver but that was addressed in Feb release of Online this year. Would recommend creating a support ticket but also check if you see this with Map Viewer and Experience Builder.

0 Kudos