Is Storymap accessing geodatabase or feature service? Feature Storage vs credits?

10-30-2023 09:18 AM
Labels (1)
HealthyGulfGISAccount
New Contributor

We keep getting a credit usage overage on our non-profit organization account.  The largest dataset we have is a geodatabase that one of our storymaps accesses.  However, we also have a Feature Service layer of the same database.  Is the Storymap accessing our geodatabase, or can we delete that from our site since it takes up space and we have a Feature Service layer of it? 

Our credits keep getting gobbled up, but when i go to our organization page it says we have "0 of 500 gb" feature data store is used.  Is there a way to transfer my data to "feature storage" instead of wherever we have it now?  I assume that what's really going on is that we have so few datasets on our site that they don't "register" as taking up any storage...but it could be an issue of how we have datasets stored and we just don't know how to change it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gis_KIWI4
Occasional Contributor

@HealthyGulfGISAccount  - The story map most likely would be linked a webmap that is associated to a feature layer. Have a look at the size of the feature layer to begin with. Sizeable feature layers will consume credits rapidly. You might also want to check if there are any geoprocessing operations taking place within the organization as they may be consuming the credits as well. 

Rule of thumb - Feature Storage (i.e Feature layer) uses the most credit. 
Attachments/Pictures use substantially less credit.
Storage (GDB, excel files, etc) use the least credit

I would recommend using the Report Functionality to view Credit Usage.
You can find this under Organization -> Status -> Use the "Dashboard" or Generate a "Report"

gis_KIWI4_0-1698715822654.png

I prefer using the dashboard. 

gis_KIWI4_0-1698716257114.pnggis_KIWI4_1-1698716324030.png

When generating a Report 
Select "Create Report" -> "Single Report" -> Report Type = "Credit"
Note - this is a user centric credit usage report. 

0 Kudos