Invisible features at prime meridian and equator

08-17-2023 11:01 AM
Labels (3)
AydanScottDSDP
New Contributor II

I have seen this issue before in other situations. But I have no idea how it happened in this one. I have been creating a map in ArcGIS Online of light posts all in Downtown San Diego, California. Everything in the layer was created in ArcGIS Online.

Somehow, the layer extent thinks there are features (I am assuming) at the intersection of the Prime Meridian and the Equator indicating points without coordinates. I don't know how there would be points without coordinates however as I've been manually placing all the new points myself in ArcGIS Online.

I think it may have to do with accidentally creating a few points with a unique ID that was already used for a unique field. Those features count in the total features until I create two new features that have unique ids. Once I create the second feature, the count goes back to the correct count. 

I have confirmed that the system thinks there are features that don't show up on the map because when I try to edit the extent of the layer, when clicking ""Create and extent based on "Current Features in Layer"", It shows an extent covering the majority of the globe. I have uploaded a screenshot showing the extent.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies