Integrating Real-Time Data with Dynamic URL Parameters in ArcGIS Dashboards

Jump to solution
11-28-2023 06:49 PM
Labels (3)
nicofierrov
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project in ArcGIS Dashboards that involves displaying real-time data. Currently, the data I'm receiving updates every hour, but in the future, this could increase to updates every minute. I would like to know if it's possible to allow dashboard users to modify URL parameters to reflect different real-time data sets.

Here are two specific cases I'm working with:

1. GeoJSON Data with Location Parameters: I'm using a URL like:

https://url.com/geosensors.py?Location=Location1,

where Location can range from Location1 to LocationN. My aim is for users to be able to change this parameter to select different locations.

2. CSV Data with Sensor and Date Parameters: In another instance, I'm accessing CSV format data via

https://url.com/sensordata.py?sensorID=S1&from=2023-10-27&to=2023-11-27.

I want users to be able to modify the sensorID, from, and to parameters.

My questions are:

• Is it feasible in ArcGIS Dashboards to enable users to modify these URL parameters to view different sets of real-time data?
  • If so, what would be the best approach to implement this? With Arcade, some specific workflow or something in ArcGIS Dashboards or ArcGIS Online that could facilitate this process?

Any advice, shared experiences, or resources would be greatly appreciated. I'm also open to considering alternative approaches to meet these requirements.

Thank you in advance for your valuable assistance.

Best regards,

Nicolas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Too bad you didn't get an answer. I wonder if support could help.

You could try submitting an idea if you think there is a gap in functionality: "Allow dashboard users to modify URL parameters to reflect different real-time data sets".

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Too bad you didn't get an answer. I wonder if support could help.

You could try submitting an idea if you think there is a gap in functionality: "Allow dashboard users to modify URL parameters to reflect different real-time data sets".