How to share elements, maps and applications for only a small group of my organization?

Jump to solution
11-27-2023 01:10 PM
DanielLeónPacheco
New Contributor II

Hello everyone.

I am currently managing an arcgis on line account of an organization where we have applications and elements for different projects, so we want to share certain products of a project with a small group of people within the organization, that is, if I want to share a dashboard and each of its elements used for its creation as would be the correct process for sharing ?

I have the following options and I would like to be sure:

Share each element and the dashboard with my organization. Then create a group that is only visible to invited members?

Set the elements and dashboard to private mode. Then create a group that is only visible to invited members?

Pd: remember that the goal is that only the people in the group can see the shared products. I am not looking for all members of the organization to see it.

Thank you very much in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gis_KIWI4
Occasional Contributor

Hi @DanielLeónPacheco,

I believe the second option is what you are looking for.
Keep the sharing setting to Private and share items with a group( or groups) and add the members to the group that you would like to have access to the content. 

It should look something like this - 

gis_KIWI4_0-1701120317026.png

Some more detail here - https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/share-maps/share-items.htm#:~:text=Verify%20that%20you%20are....

Hope this helps 🙂 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gis_KIWI4
Occasional Contributor

Hi @DanielLeónPacheco,

I believe the second option is what you are looking for.
Keep the sharing setting to Private and share items with a group( or groups) and add the members to the group that you would like to have access to the content. 

It should look something like this - 

gis_KIWI4_0-1701120317026.png

Some more detail here - https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/share-maps/share-items.htm#:~:text=Verify%20that%20you%20are....

Hope this helps 🙂 

0 Kudos
DanielLeónPacheco
New Contributor II

That's what I had in mind. In that case, should I leave all the elements corresponding to that particular application (maps, layers, etc.) private and share them with that group?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gis_KIWI4
Occasional Contributor

Yep, that would do the trick 🙂 

0 Kudos
DanielLeónPacheco
New Contributor II

Thanks so much

0 Kudos