Group Member Tab error for Administrator role.

Jump to solution
03-06-2023 11:38 AM
Labels (1)
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

As an Administrator for our ArcGIS Online organization, I occasionally help manage group membership. Recently my ability to manage group members has changed. I am no longer able to view the member tab for groups I am not a member of.

When I click on the Members tab for a group I am not a member of, the browser shows "loading" but never loads and does not return a message. The browser dev tools returns the following error: {"error":{"code":400,"messageCode":"COM_1202","message":"Request user does not have access to the group(s): a868475572ec4e8d897f4a290c091a89.","details":[]}}". Once I am added as a member behavior returns to normal. Other roles with the assign members to group rights are able load the member page.

As "Groups - Assign Members" is listed in the Privileges for the default Administrator role granted to roles, I assume this is a bug. Posting here in addition to logging this as a support case. Has anyone else experienced this or have any additional insight?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

This issue has been confirmed by Esri support as a bug. BUG-000156682

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @AdamMesser1 

Thanks for raising this issue with us.

I have tried to recreate this issue internally with a subscription with just two administrators. The second administrator (which was not in any groups) was able to view Member tabs for all the groups the first administrator was a member.

I therefore can't confirm this is a BUG yet and I recommend you raise this with Tech Support.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply @Richard_Purkis . A support case has been logged and an analyst is working on it, but resolution has not been provided. Additional evaluation has shown that Member Settings for groups exhibiting this behavior is “Who can be in this group? = Any organization’s members” and "Who can view this group? = Only group members". Other groups where this behavior is not present do not have this combination of settings, or if the one of the problem settings is changed the error does not occur.

0 Kudos
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

This issue has been confirmed by Esri support as a bug. BUG-000156682

Rob_Gordon_NE
New Contributor III

Can confirm this is happening in my organisation, across several administrators. Appears to be any group that has external properties/connections.

0 Kudos