Filter widget in web app - can I make output data downloadable for users?

09-18-2023 06:46 AM
user74562
New Contributor II

I am creating a web app for users to explore a dataset. I added a filter widget so that users can subset this data attributes to a region / topic of their interest. Right now users can follow the hyperlink in the data that takes them to the geoportal to download the entire dataset.  I would like to make it so that users will be able to download the dataset after it's been subsetted by the filter widget. Can anyone recommend a method to enable this? Thank you for any help. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hillary_E
Esri Contributor

Hi @user74562 ,

Have you looked into the Extra Data tool in the Analysis widget?

There is another Community thread about extracting data from WebApp which may be useful!

https://community.esri.com/t5/web-appbuilder-custom-widgets-questions/extract-data-task-download-ful...

I hope this helps!

Cheers

0 Kudos
user74562
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. The Extract Data tool in the Analysis widget enables users to extract data within the viewer extent, but I'm hoping to enable users to extract data after selecting by attributes. For example if there's a shapefile of waterpark locations across the United States, I want a user to be able to select only water parts in the state of Michigan, and then download. Using viewer extent alone to extract is problematic because the data within adjacent state boundaries will inevitably be included. 

0 Kudos
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @user74562 

As far as I know, I don't think this is possible. I was not able to find anything about it in the documentation, but I found the following gis.stackexchange which I think will explain this further, Exporting selected features to shapefile in ArcGIS Experience Builder on ArcGIS Portal under ArcGIS ....

However, if you would like to explore ArcGIS Experience Builder, the Query capabilities do provide the option to  "... export the query result to a CSV, JSON, or GeoJSON file, or view the result in the table dynamically." Please see the Query section in What's New in ArcGIS Experience Builder (April 2021).

Hope the above is of further help.

Miguel
0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @user74562

What type of web app are you creating? The ability to download datasets is supported in ArcGIS Dashboards. Dashboards also supports selecting a subset of data to download based on filters.  Here is a link for more information on how to enable data download in Dashboards. 

0 Kudos