Create a layer in Online Map Viewer

02-02-2023 07:05 AM
JakubKonieczynski
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to create a map which shows the percentage of addresses with access to a private garden in a certain city in the UK. There are 28 regions within the city, for which I've got 28 percentage values. For each region I've got Shape Length, Shape Area and GlobalID. All of these are in a .csv file. Are these enough to create boundary areas? I am hoping to make it look similar to this layer:

Newcastle - patterns of deprivation - Overview (arcgis.com)

In fact, I would like my new layer to overlay this one. Sorry, I am very new to this! Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

The information you have in the CSV is not enough to create boundaries. I'm not sure exactly what boundaries you are looking for, but these are all the boundaries for the U.K. found in ArcGIS Living Atlas:

https://livingatlas.arcgis.com/en/browse/?q=boundaries#d=2&q=boundaries&rgnCode=GB

If any of those boundaries are what you are looking for, then you'll need to figure out how to associate those 28 percentage values with the appropriate boundaries. If you have something in common between your data and the boundaries, like a region name, you can do a join to carry your information over to the boundaries.

0 Kudos