Select to view content in your preferred language

Compare App Bug?

Jump to solution
05-14-2013 04:01 PM
ScottCarte
New Contributor III
When using the Compare Web Maps App in IE 10, the sync maps functionality doesn't work when panning.  It works fine when you zoom in, zoom out, or double click on the map but not when panning around the map.

It works fine in Chrome.  Is this a bug or a limitation of IE 10?

Also, it would be nice to be able to set the sync options to be "on" by default for this app as well as having the side-by-side viewers default to the legend tab.  Any chance those are enhancements that will be added at some point?

Here's a link to the Web App so you can test the pan function in IE 10:
http://arcgis.com/apps/Compare/Configure/index.html?appid=c1935c18dc0e49e297bffd8dad4eebc8
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IanWittenmyer
Esri Contributor
When using the Compare Web Maps App in IE 10, the sync maps functionality doesn't work when panning.  It works fine when you zoom in, zoom out, or double click on the map but not when panning around the map.

Yes, that looks like a bug. I'm also see that the sync of the maps doesn't occur if you use the arrow keys to pan in other browsers.

Also, it would be nice to be able to set the sync options to be "on" by default for this app as well as having the side-by-side viewers default to the legend tab.  Any chance those are enhancements that will be added at some point?

I will log an enhancement to allow configuration of the default options for the app.

I'm also unable to change the title of this app from the default "Compare Web Maps" title.  I've entered a custom title using both IE 10 and Chrome and neither attempt was successful in changing the title of the app.  Is this a bug?

This is a known issue that has been fixed and will be included in the June release of arcgis.com.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ScottCarte
New Contributor III
I'm also unable to change the title of this app from the default "Compare Web Maps" title.  I've entered a custom title using both IE 10 and Chrome and neither attempt was successful in changing the title of the app.  Is this a bug?
0 Kudos
IanWittenmyer
Esri Contributor

Yes, that looks like a bug. I'm also see that the sync of the maps doesn't occur if you use the arrow keys to pan in other browsers.

I will log an enhancement to allow configuration of the default options for the app.

This is a known issue that has been fixed and will be included in the June release of arcgis.com.
0 Kudos
JssrRR
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Looks like it is still not fixed, even in chrome, the two maps do not sync, either while panning or zooming in or out.

Here is my example:

http://utsa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/CompareAnalysis/index.html?appid=20bbff2f755f42cea354ff2912d372bb

Thanks

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Saloni,

I ran a quick test and the Sync button worked for me. By default it is not enabled so you'll have to click the sync button for the map you want to activate. Once active you should be able to pan/zoom the active map and have the other map stay in sync.

JssrRR
by

Kelly,

Thanks for the reply, Yes it works, but every time the application is opened or reloaded the user needs to click on that. I was working with Swipe Template earlier and it was enabled by default in that one.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

We've added a configuration option for the next release to allow it to be on by default.

JssrRR
by

Great, thanks!!

0 Kudos
ScottCarte
New Contributor III
Thank you for the reply Ian.  While I'm at it, can I also ask for an enhancement that would allow the end user to change the basemap in the Compare App?  Currently the user can toggle the feature service data on and off but it would be nice to allow the end user to change between basemaps within the app.
0 Kudos