Cascade Storymap and Swipe map

Jump to solution
10-14-2022 12:40 PM
Seyed-MahdySadraddini
New Contributor III

Hello

I am trying to add one of the web apps I created (which is a social media swipe map with multiple layers) as an Immersive layer, but it is only displaying the top layer, plus it does not show the legend and layer list. I was wondering if it is at all possible to display the full social media swipe map (with many layers and its swiping capability) form within the Cascade Storymap? If so, could you please provide a step-by-step document on that?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

It's been a very long while since I looked at Cascade. It's one of the "classic" Esri Story Maps and my best recommendation to you is to think to move forward and start using the new ArcGIS StoryMaps. There is an embed content block in those that will enable you to embed any application, or you can add a link to open the app.

While the classic story maps will continue to work, they are in Extended Support. Everyone is encouraged to use ArcGIS StoryMaps, Esri's current-generation storytelling tool.

The classic templates are no longer under active development and are not recommended for new projects. No further updates to their capabilities are planned. However, stories you have created using the classic templates will continue to be available.

The above noted, to do this in Cascade I went back and authored this experiment:

https://onlinelabs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=ba26ae3ca8df4fc8ba8903973ab4cc2d

(remember to click the Explore button in the lower right to enable using the app within the story, or click expand to view it fullscreen)

Embedding an app is easy. Add an Immersive section, click Add Media, then click the Link to content tab and add the URL to your swipe app, or any other app.

Bern

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

It's been a very long while since I looked at Cascade. It's one of the "classic" Esri Story Maps and my best recommendation to you is to think to move forward and start using the new ArcGIS StoryMaps. There is an embed content block in those that will enable you to embed any application, or you can add a link to open the app.

While the classic story maps will continue to work, they are in Extended Support. Everyone is encouraged to use ArcGIS StoryMaps, Esri's current-generation storytelling tool.

The classic templates are no longer under active development and are not recommended for new projects. No further updates to their capabilities are planned. However, stories you have created using the classic templates will continue to be available.

The above noted, to do this in Cascade I went back and authored this experiment:

https://onlinelabs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=ba26ae3ca8df4fc8ba8903973ab4cc2d

(remember to click the Explore button in the lower right to enable using the app within the story, or click expand to view it fullscreen)

Embedding an app is easy. Add an Immersive section, click Add Media, then click the Link to content tab and add the URL to your swipe app, or any other app.

Bern

0 Kudos