Cannot add user to subscription. Items and Groups cannot be moved into this type of subscription.

Jump to solution
02-25-2017 08:29 PM
GeoffreyFolker1
New Contributor II

I have no "organization" associated with my "ArcGIS Online" account. Esri sent me an email with the following:

"To activate your subscription, click the following link or copy it into your browser: https://www.arcgis.com/home/signin.html?activationcode=XXXXXXXXXXX".

I click on the link and it takes me to my sign in page. When I enter my username and password, I get this error: "Cannot add user to subscription. Items and Groups cannot be moved into this type of subscription."

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

It's not possible to add an account with existing content to trials, home use accounts and developers accounts. If you have a public account with content, try using a different account or delete your content if you really want to use the same username.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hi Geoffery,

What type of subscription are you using? Is it a home use or trial subscription? These types of accounts don't support adding users with existing content or groups.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
GeoffreyFolker1
New Contributor II

Thank you Kelly.

I am working this out with Customer Support.

BTW, it is a home license.

Thanks,

Geoff

0 Kudos
GregLumpkin
New Contributor

Kelly,

Does that mean I need to wipe all my content and groups on my existing account?

Greg

0 Kudos
GregLumpkin
New Contributor

I'm experiencing this exact same issue. I've been working with customer service for days now trying to get this fixed.

I am signed up for a MOOC using ArcGIS Pro, which asks for my ArcGIS Online credentials, and if I can't get this fixed, I won't be able to participate.

I've had an ArcGIS Online account for years. Even before I bought my home subscription.

Geoff, did you get it resolved? If so, how?

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
GeoffreyFolker1
New Contributor II

Hello Greg,

I had to work it out with Customer Support. It has been awhile but I think I had to add another account user.

Hope you get this figured out.

Geoff

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi,

It's not possible to add an account with existing content to trials, home use accounts and developers accounts. If you have a public account with content, try using a different account or delete your content if you really want to use the same username.

-Kelly