Can you set the pop-ups, symbology or labels of a map image layer once it's been published?

04-18-2023 05:52 PM
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

I'd like to set the symbology, pop-ups and labels on a published map image layer, similar to how you can set these in the Visualization tab of a feature layer in ArcGIS Online/Enterprise. 

Is there a way to do this on a map image layer once it's been published outside of ArcGIS Pro? Or is there a way to edit this in ArcGIS Pro and have it automatically flow through because we are working with a referenced registered layer?

HL
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeromewu68
New Contributor II

If you're working with MIL, I would strongly recommend that you set your symbology and labels in ArcGIS Pro first and then share it as a MIL.

You can edit symbologies and labels for MIL in AGOL but your options are limited.

0 Kudos
Hayley
by

Hi @jeromewu68, unfortunately it was published a while ago so didn't have a chance to configure it in Pro first. 

Could you please explain how we can set these in AGOL? Not in a map but on the MIL itself?

HL
0 Kudos
jeromewu68
New Contributor II

Sure. If you're working in Map Viewer Classic...

Click on Content (left side) and expand the MIL you want to edit. 

Click on the blue triangle symbol to change your symbology

Click on the three dots to edit your pop-ups and labels. 

If you're working in the new Map Viewer...

In the Layers pane (left side), click on the MIL you want to edit. 

Observe column on the far right, there should be triangle symbol for editing symbology. You should see an option to edit pop ups and labels in the same column as well.

Sorry, wish I could use screenshots but most of my layers are sensitive info. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything!

0 Kudos
Hayley
by

Hi @jeromewu68

Sorry, if you could please explain how to do it on the MIL itself, not on the MIL in a map. That way if a user were to add the MIL into a fresh map using it's URL, all the same symbology/pop-ups/labels stick

HL
0 Kudos