ArcGIS Online Collaborations

06-22-2023 09:09 AM
BrendanKennedy1
New Contributor

Hi All, 
I have 2 AGOL instances setup from ESRI account.  I am trying to get collaboration between the 2 AGOL instances to permit the following;

AGOL A - main AGOL for organisation has all user accounts for everyone within organisation and I have created a Group for a subset of the employees (e.g. FieldWorkers)

AGOL B - new instance, hosting WebApps, content etc specific to a project

Ideally I would like the FieldWorkers group to be able to view WebApps, Content etc created on AGOL B above. 

I have tried different configurations but nothing seems to consistently work in terms of providing access for the FieldWorkers group to the content on AGOL B. 

Can anyone share a workflow/resource that demonstrates whether the above scenario is possible using collaborations for AGOL ? it feels like I am missing something obvious because to me its a scenario that I would have assumed collaborations for AGOL was built for.

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @BrendanKennedy1 

Assuming that the two ArcGIS Online subscriptions are not trials / evaluations, you should have the option to create a collaboration via the Organisation Settings menu. A collaboraiton would be one way to provide access to content such as feature layers, maps and apps. The steps to set up a partnered collaboration can be found here: Create a partnered collaboration

The second workflow for providing users access to content in another subscription would be to invite the fieldworkers individually to a group on AGOL B, ensuring that searching for usernames outside the organisation is enabled.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
BrendanKennedy1
New Contributor

@Richard_Purkis

thanks for your reply but still cant resolve issue.  have created that Group in AGOL B, invited members from AGOL A but anytime I try to share content it looks like it is doing it but the sharing doesn't 'stick'.

Scenario is I am trying to share an App created by another Admin on AGOL B to the group (on AGOL B) that contains invited members from AGOL A. When I share, I change the Filter for my user name to select the group I created,  select the group (containing those members from AGOL A) select OK to save, ArcGIS Online knows I want to share and tells me I need to also share the dependent items (webmaps/layers etc) I click update to confirm I am happy, it appears to update, but if I am to go back in to check my group has been selected it is not - so the sharing has not worked for some reason ?? 

Again thanks for any assistance you can offer 🙂

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @BrendanKennedy1 

The workflow is correct. I would first suggest testing on a new feature class just for testing purposes. If that doesn't share correctly either then I would seek assistance from Technical Support. 

Hope this helps

0 Kudos