AGOL details page doesn't show shares

10-17-2016 09:22 AM
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

I was glad to see that sharing information had been added to the newly revised Details Page, however, it doesn't work correctly.  If the item is public, then the page shows "Shared with: Everyone (public)."  However, items that are shared with groups show "Shared with: The item is not shared." 

Not useful.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

When I am signed in as the owner(my account is part of the default administrator role) and check the item details for a feature layer shared only with two groups I see the following:

Are you the owner of the item which you see incorrect sharing information for?

Is your account part of a custom role?

Thanks,

Katie

0 Kudos
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

Katie,

I thought that I had replied to you, but don't see it now, so I'll try again.

Yes, I'm the owner.

I don't know for certain about the role, but I think it's a standard publisher role.

Jill

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have noticed the same thing. If I share with any group other than anyone, the item details page shows it as not shared, which is incredibly frustrating, but I don't have the strength or time to submit a case on this. 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Do you have administrative permissions and are trying to share another users item? There is a bug related to this, BUG-000098879, that is being investigated. I would recommend contacting support to verify if this is the issue so that you can be attached for tracking.

-Kelly

0 Kudos