Moving Items to more than one folder

01-23-2024 09:50 AM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello all, hope all is well, I have noticed that in some use cases it would be beneficial to move items on AGOL to more than more than one folder. For example, let's say I have an item that is part of two projects and each project has its own folder so, in this case it would be ideal to move the item to both projects' respective folders. 

Tags (2)
2 Comments
clt_cabq

I kind of think I see the reasoning here, but since this would constitute sharing an item with yourself.. that feels a bit odd. This might be facilitated better by having groups for your projects even if you are the only member of your group. That way you can share content to each project level group that would be consumed by maps/apps, etc. I've often wished there was a way to track where a given item is being consumed within AGOL because it can get super messy, and similarly, it would be nice to have a TOC type view of maps and apps so you can see at a glance what content and where that content originates. Because, this all gets very messy. 

AlderMaps

I feel like Tags or Categories are your best bet here. Create either tags or categories (or both) for your various projects, and you can apply tags for multiple projects to a single item.