Map Settings Disabled by Default

11-07-2022 07:11 AM
John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

Currently there are several settings that are enabled by default for maps. Change the "Save As" setting of "Allow others to save a copy of this item." and "Use in ArcGIS Field Maps Mobile" from enabled by default to disabled.

Reasoning....

Not every org wants folks to be able to save copies of the maps they make by default

and...

Not every org wants Field Maps Mobile enabled for a wide variety of reasons to include....METRICS. It's hard to ID a field maps enabled map that is being used for field maps, when everything by default is a field maps map.

Tags (2)
2 Comments
HollyTorpey_LSA

I also would like to make the "Use in ArcGIS Field Maps Mobile" setting disabled by default (or to be able to choose which option will be the default setting for my organization). The list of maps available in Field Maps Mobile gets cluttered fast in organizations with lots of creator accounts.

I think it's a lot more reasonable to expect a user to remember to enable Field Maps for a map they are deliberately creating for field data collection than to expect users who aren't thinking about Field Maps at all to remember to disable Field Maps visibility for every map they save.

MelanieWawryk

It is a huge security risk having "Use in ArcGIS Field Maps Mobile" enabled by default. This should be an easy fix to have it off by default. @HollyTorpey_LSA I agree much easier to remember to enable it because you are actively working on creating the app. A bit of an oversight that should be corrected ASAP 🙏