Run ArcGIS Notebook on Button Click

11-25-2022 09:51 AM
dcallaghan
Occasional Contributor

I would like to be able to trigger a Notebook from a user input such as a button click, rather than having to schedule the Notebook to run.

I do not want the user to have to interact with the Notebook itself. What I am looking for is either of the buttons highlighted in the image to be available in an app outside of the Notebook:

AGOLIdea5.png

5 Comments
NicholasGiner1
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Hi @dcallaghan - thanks for the idea!  Your example workflow sounds like the ideal candidate for publishing a notebook as a web tool.  This is functionality that we added at Enterprise 10.9.1.  You can read a blog article showing an example here.

Bringing this functionality to ArcGIS Online is part of our roadmap for 2023.  Stay tuned!

-Nick Giner, Product Manager - ArcGIS Notebooks

dcallaghan

@NicholasGiner1 Do you have any update to share on whether this feature will make it into any upcoming releases of Experience Builder?

fiharv
by

@NicholasGiner1 is there any update on this please? Also looking to implement it.

MattBewleyDCGov

@NicholasGiner1 also wondering if there's an update on this potential feature. Thank you!

Dlutch
by

@NicholasGiner1  I've come across this just now - also curious to hear the progress, if any. Thanks.