Network analysis in a time neutral way

Jump to solution
11-16-2023 09:58 AM
NasserSharareh1
New Contributor III

I am conducting network analysis using ArcGIS Pro. I am not setting a specific date or time for the analysis and I am measuring drive time from point A to B. The below page says that "the analysis will be solved in a time neutral way if the analysis is not explicitly configured to use a date and time."
Question: what does a time-neutral way mean? does it average travel time over all days of a week and a few time points? does it randomly average travel time? 

Thanks for your help on this.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/networks/dates-and-times.htm

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Time neutral in this case means that the travel times on roads are based on the posted speed limits. No slowdowns due to historic or current traffic is taken into consideration.

Jay Sandhu  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Time neutral in this case means that the travel times on roads are based on the posted speed limits. No slowdowns due to historic or current traffic is taken into consideration.

Jay Sandhu  

NasserSharareh1
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response. so when I am doing the analysis in U.S. (which provides predictive traffic), does it ignore historical and live traffic all together?

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

If you do not specify any specific time of day then it will not know which traffic numbers to use. So, the default behavior is to find routes based on published speeds.

Jay Sandhu