Installing ArcGIS Monitor with SQL Server DB

Jump to solution
03-25-2024 01:08 AM
ChiefMaster
New Contributor II

Hi Folks,

Is there any way to install ArcGIS Monitor with a SQL Server database instead of PostgreSQL, which is recommended?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Postgres is required to install ArcGIS Monitor. SQL Server is not supported as the back-end Database system.

View solution in original post

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ChiefMaster,

Just to elaborate on Reese's post: only PostgreSQL can be used as the database platform to install the ArcGIS Monitor repository. No other DBMS platforms are supported. 

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Postgres is required to install ArcGIS Monitor. SQL Server is not supported as the back-end Database system.

DerekLaw

Hi @ChiefMaster,

Just to elaborate on Reese's post: only PostgreSQL can be used as the database platform to install the ArcGIS Monitor repository. No other DBMS platforms are supported. 

Hope this helps,

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@DerekLaw, any plans to support anything different besides Postgres?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @JoshuaBixby,

> ... any plans to support anything different besides Postgres?

Not at this time.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks.  Yeah, it helps to know not to expect anything else in the near to mid term.

0 Kudos
ChiefMaster
New Contributor II

Thanks @ReeseFacendini  & @DerekLaw  for the response; it's clear to me, and I hope it will be supported in the near future because most governmental sector clients at ME do not put PostgreSQL as their first choice; they usually prefer SQL Server and Oracle.