Add a process metric for w3wp.exe?

03-21-2024 11:59 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi - is it in the Monitor road map to include a a process metric for the w3wp.exe instances/counts?  I use this in Monitor 10.8 as counter for my web server and it's helpful to know at a glance that my web adaptors are online.

Thanks,

David

5 Comments
DerekLaw

Hi @DavidColey,

I don't believe we have this listed in the Dev backlog. I will move this item to the ArcGIS Monitor Ideas forum, so other community members can vote for this enhancement request.

Hope this helps,

DavidColey

It does, thanks for this @DerekLaw . It would also be helpful to have access to the arcgisdatastore.exe process as well, for TileCache Stores. Although there is not alot to monitor in the tile cache store, I have had the process not re-start after some restarts and/or windows updates.  Having access to this process can at least tell me if my 3D scene layers are running . . .

DerekLaw

Hi @DavidColey,

It would also be helpful to have access to the arcgisdatastore.exe process as well, for TileCache Stores. Although there is not alot to monitor in the tile cache store, I have had the process not re-start after some restarts and/or windows updates.  Having access to this process can at least tell me if my 3D scene layers are running . . .

Can you please submit this item as a separate idea on the ArcGIS Monitor Ideas forum? In this way, we can enable other community members to vote for this feature enhancement to help us prioritize what to work on. Thanks.

DavidColey

Yes I will, thanks @DerekLaw 

GeoJen
by Esri Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration