Sign in button doesn't work, can't log in

Jump to solution
07-14-2022 09:41 AM
Cartogreg
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm having an issue logging in Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud on either Photoshop or Illustrator. I have uninstalled and re-installed the M4CC but it didn't change anything. I don't understand what the issue is since I was able to use it without an issue yesterday and was logged-in. When I click on the "Sign in" in the top roght corner of the plug-in window nothing happens. Is this a temporary issue? 

For information I have a Plus account, I run Adobe Illustrator 26.3.1 and Adobe Photoshop 23.4.1 on a Mac M1 computer. 

This is pretty urgent and would appreciate your help to log-in.
Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @Cartogreg 

Thanks for checking. Could you please try to clear out Maps for Adobe local configurations? On a mac its located here /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/, Rename the ‘m4cc’ folder and the application will recreate it when it starts, let's see if that helps. 

Also of the most recent update the extension can be used with Illustrator running natively on M1, rosetta is not required for Illustrator. See this help topic for more info. https://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-adobecc/latest/install/requirements.htm 

Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @Cartogreg 

Thanks for reaching out, can you provide some more info to help understand the setup some more - 
Could you please share if either or both Illustrator and Photoshop are running in Rosetta mode?
Since yesterday, has anything changed on this device, version of Adobe apps or the extension?
Are any of the other tools active in the panels in Mapboards, for instance, are you able to draw a mapboard even thought not signed in?

0 Kudos
Cartogreg
New Contributor II

Hi @MadhuraPhaterpekar ,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. To answer your questions:
- Photoshop runs in Rosetta mode. Regarding Illustrator I'd have to check (I'm just out of the office right now)
- Nothing has changed that I'm aware of. I haven't updated anything myself and I have disabled any automatic updates.
- I'm able to draw a mapboard and preview the map in the panels and I'm able to change the basemap. But when I want to add layers (such as hillshade or terrain for example) it displays a notification saying this is a feature only available to Plus or ArcGIS Pro members and that I need to sign-in if I have an account. But as I said, if I click on the sign-in button or link nothing happens, it's like the button isn't active.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @Cartogreg 

Thanks for checking. Could you please try to clear out Maps for Adobe local configurations? On a mac its located here /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/, Rename the ‘m4cc’ folder and the application will recreate it when it starts, let's see if that helps. 

Also of the most recent update the extension can be used with Illustrator running natively on M1, rosetta is not required for Illustrator. See this help topic for more info. https://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-adobecc/latest/install/requirements.htm 

Let us know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Cartogreg
New Contributor II

Thanks @MadhuraPhaterpekar ! Renaming the configuration folder resolved the issue, it now works in both Illustrator and Photoshop! Thanks so much for the great and quick help 🙂
Have a great day!