Basemap made from Vector Tile Style Editor has incorrect symbol font size

05-18-2022 07:54 AM
SBushey_Dewberry
New Contributor II

Hello, I made a basemap style using Esri's Vector Tile Style Editor for our organization. On the web map preview, I can see the highway symbols I made are rendering the selected font, Arial Bold, at 9 pt (correctly). This is set to be the same at all numbered zoom values.

SBushey_Dewberry_0-1652884489495.png

However, when loading the basemap in to a mapboard when syncing to ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud, the font of Arial Bold loads, but the point size always renders at 12 pt (regardless of selected scale) and obviously dwarfs the symbol graphic.

SBushey_Dewberry_1-1652884766195.png

Thinking that maybe this was something to do with the map scale and symbol scale getting weird, I went back to the Vector Tile Style Editor and instead of setting for all zoom levels, I set all visible levels (which was 6-22) individually to 9 pt, thinking it would override any scaling issue (even if it was clunky).

SBushey_Dewberry_2-1652885175098.png

With that test export (a duplicate of the exact same test mapboard above), it went worse - the text didn't render at all. Even deeply nested in the several clip groups, only the symbol image itself rendered (see layers).

SBushey_Dewberry_3-1652885258262.png

Others in my organization have noticed the same issue on their programs. I wish I could give more context for these screenshots, but I assume these were rendered on ArcGIS Pro.

SBushey_Dewberry_4-1652885334401.png

SBushey_Dewberry_5-1652885340275.jpeg

Outside of the Vector Tile Style Editor preview web map, I made test web maps in ArcGIS Online where the symbol text stays consistently 9 pt and looks correct.

I am using Windows, the Vector Tile Style Editor basemap was saved very recently (past few weeks), and my version of Illustrator is 2.6.2.1 and the ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud extension is at version 3.1.0.

0 Kudos
0 Replies