Sidebar Instant Application

Jump to solution
01-25-2023 02:08 PM
Labels (1)
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi.  I have a project that could benefit from the Sidebar instant application.  I have used this application in the past.  I no longer see Sidebar as an option in the Instant App selector.  Is this particular application no longer available? 

I need a simple application that places the pop-up on the side (not floating) and allows one to access Survey123 via a link in the pop-up.  In this link, we are also passing data into fields in the Survey form.  The old Basic Viewer application sort of works, except when I set the pop-up to lock on the side, the pop-up is empty except for the Survey link.  If the pop-up is floating, then all content is visible as is the Survey123 link.  In either pop-up locations, when I click the link, the survey opens, including passing data into the form.  The Minimalist app works too, almost.  The pop-up is anchored on the left and shows the content and the Survey link.  However, when I click on the Survey link, none of the data are passed into the survey form.  And I cannot change the reference basemap in this application.

Any ideas, thoughts, help would be much appreciated.  Sincerely, Jay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Sidebar is still available in the Instant app gallery. You can find info on creating an instant app here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/instant-apps/latest/create-apps/gallery-landing-page.htm

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Sidebar is still available in the Instant app gallery. You can find info on creating an instant app here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/instant-apps/latest/create-apps/gallery-landing-page.htm
0 Kudos
JayHodny

Hi Kelly,

Thank you.  I do see Sidebar in the ArcGIS Online Instant App launcher.  However, I failed to mention this application is for internal use on the ArcGIS Enterprise platform.  I don't see the Sidebar option when I choose Create Web App of a web map Item details page.  In Enterprise, is Sidebar not available?  Also, any thoughts on why the pop-ups in the apps don't always honor/show the pop-up content set in the Web Map?  Many thanks again for your help.  Regards, Jay

0 Kudos
TimLohnes1
New Contributor III

Jay, 

Just ran into this same hurdle. Did you ever any more news on Sidebar coming to Enterprise. Frustrating.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Hi Tim,

I have not heard anything more on the Sidebar coming to Enterprise, or anything more on the "missing" information in the pop-up depending on whether its anchored or floating.  We are still at Enterprise 10.9.1, so I don't know if Sidebar, etc., is available in 11.x, but to be fair, I haven't inquired either.

Regards,

Jay

0 Kudos
CraigCroxford
New Contributor II

Sidebar is available in Enterprise 11.2 however, I've just placed a ticket with ESRI as the sidebar appears at the bottom of the page rather than the side!

ChrisH2
New Contributor III

I'm experiencing the same behavior on Enterprise 11.2 @CraigCroxford It'd be great if you could loop us in on any responses from ESRI. Thanks - I wasn't going mad after all!

0 Kudos
CraigCroxford
New Contributor II

ESRI Australia has sent the issue on to ESRI US.  I'll keep you posted.

CraigCroxford
New Contributor II

The Esri Inc team has completed a thorough review of the matter and has acknowledged it as BUG-000163830. Unfortunately, there is no workaround available at this time.

Great!