Measure Tool Never Available When Needed

07-24-2023 07:02 PM
Labels (1)
DerekDacus
New Contributor

I thought that I finally had the perfect Instant App for my use case scenario and I set everything up and there is an essential function missing. Is there any way to add the measure tool to an Instant App? Without it the app is dead in the water and the set up is time wasted. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Several of the instant apps have measurement tools. When creating an instant app you can use the "Search app capabilities" box to enter measurement to find the apps with that capability.   If the app you've configured is not one of those can you provide details about the app and your use case for using the measurement tool within that app? 

0 Kudos
DerekDacus
New Contributor

Of course. I am attempting to use Attachment Viewer to distribute plat submissions both within our organization and to franchise utilities for review. This is important because a few franchile utilities fire walls will not allow email attachments over a very small size and will not allow cloud sharing. However, it will allow them to open ArcGIS Web Apps. The idea of the application would not only be distribution of the plats but also everything you would need to review them. Generally we use the measure tool in our Web App Builder applications to measure distance from fire hydrants and utilities, estimate existing right of way, and do quick area measurements. As of now, besides the filter function, the only important thing missing from the Attachment Viewer app is that measure function.

0 Kudos