Instant App Gallery Template Summary not showing

03-28-2024 11:46 AM
Labels (1)
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

The Instant App gallery template has the option to show the item summary. I noticed today that the summary icon is no longer on the item even though the option is enabled. This wasn't the case in the past so I don't know what happened.

Ed__0-1711651579546.png

Question | Analyze | Visualize
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

If your item has a description you will see it listed when that option is enabled. The "i" button was redundant and didn't offer any additional info so it was removed as part of the UI cleanup. Here are screenshots with the description enabled and disabled. 

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 11.57.09 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 11.57.02 AM.png

  

Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Kelly, thank you for your response, well in my opinion the info icon made more sense as now the description is adding more space. Whereas with the info icon the user can see by simply clicking on the info icon otherwise the text won't show and the gallery template would look more clean and simple.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

@Ed_   The old UI didn't work that way. The info button was just an image that you could hover over and it would show the same content that is displayed in the description area. So no extra space was taken up by adding that button. Here's a screen capture of how it used to work before the change. 

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 12.17.50 PM.png

We do have plans to enhance the app in a future release to add more capabilities so I'll keep this feedback in mind. 

Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Kelly, sorry for the confusion but what I mean't was that with the info icon you didn't have to have the description text displayed thus freeing up space. And yes, thank you for considering the feedback, as in my opinion an info icon would be convenient. 

0 Kudos
Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Kelly, I have a follow up question, how come the Instant app is not showing the description?

Even though it's enabled and the item has a description

Ed__1-1711656053442.png

Ed__2-1711656075388.png

Ed__4-1711656156287.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I don't know. Its showing in my test app. Is your app public? If so can you share the url?

0 Kudos
Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor

Of course, I will message you the links to both the Instant app and the app in question. And yes both are public 

0 Kudos