Attachment Viewer - Support for TIF files?

Jump to solution
01-17-2024 07:17 AM
Labels (1)
AlexanderSt__John
New Contributor III

Is there a plan to support TIF file attachments for use in the Attachment Viewer Instant App?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @AlexanderSt__John 

There are currently no plans to add support for TIF files in Attachment Viewer. However, this is something that we can look into to see if there is a possibility to add support for this in the future. 

Looking to collect some additional information, are the attachments that you are working with typically TIF files?

Thanks!

Sarah

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @AlexanderSt__John 

There are currently no plans to add support for TIF files in Attachment Viewer. However, this is something that we can look into to see if there is a possibility to add support for this in the future. 

Looking to collect some additional information, are the attachments that you are working with typically TIF files?

Thanks!

Sarah

RobbynAbbitt
New Contributor III

Sarah - I am replying to this post bc I can't find a place to "vote up" the support for TIFs.

We work  with a lot of different organizations and many save files as TIFs.  A current example is a local cemetery with 6000+ interment cards that are in TIF format that attach and view fine in ArcPro, but then are not viewable in the Attachment Viewer App.

I would vote a hearty YES for including support for other image formats.  Especially since the attachment viewer app is the only one built to focus on the attachments.

Robbyn Abbitt

0 Kudos
AlexanderSt__John
New Contributor III

We manage GIS for several dozens municipal public works departments and the bulk of attachments we handle are engineering plans, as-builts, and survey maps. It is a mix largely composed of PDF and TIF, JPG and PNG to a much smaller extent, that these communities have. TIF is a very common format that we encounter.

Historically, we have used our own storage and external web applications for handling attachments for our clients, but are migrating everything into hosted feature layers, as per licensing and MSP requirements.

0 Kudos
AlexanderSt__John
New Contributor III

After reading a bit more, I see that browser support is generally poor for viewing TIFF. 

What is your recommendation for the "most supported" format? I can work TIF->PNG/JPG/PDF/... into our migration process, if need be.

0 Kudos