Insights workbooks editable by multiple users?

4 weeks ago
SaraHedrick1
New Contributor III

I have a workbook set-up that updates weekly. I'd like to have this viewable and editable by other members of my team as needed. We have a shared updates group in our portal we use to provide editing access for team members for other products, such as applications and dashboards.

My insights workbook is shared with that share updates group and so is all associated data, but I can't find a way to have a team member edit my workbook. I could make a duplicate of my workbook for her, but that doesn't help if we needed to edit pages nested in other applications. 

What is the best way to have other team members access a workbook? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi @SaraHedrick1 ,

Unfortunately, this is not possible as the Insights license is associated with a named user and even if the other user has a license we do not support concurrent editing due to the complexity of some of the tools, and data connections available to a user. The other users must create a copy of the workbook to start editing their version.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
SaraHedrick1
New Contributor III

Thanks you for your response. This is very unfortunate news. As I'm sure you understand, we need to have the ability in an organization to have someone else access reports if someone is out of the office, especially since some maps need to be share manually now that publicly shared layers cannot be used in scheduled updates. We'll have to look into another way to build this report. 

0 Kudos