Changing the Embed Content Reference for Embedding in Storymaps

Jump to solution
03-13-2024 09:44 AM
RylandLu
New Contributor III

Had difficulties getting my insights table embedded in Storymap to display. Instead, the embed shows the insights home page, as shown in the attached photo. Was wondering why this was the case and I think I might have discovered why... The "embed content reference" in the storymap is to insights.com rather than to the specific insights page. Any idea how to fix this (and if this can be fixed on the insights end)?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GilbertYeung
Esri Contributor

@RylandLu @AkshayHarshe 

After encountering the same issue while trying to embed my insights chart in Storymap, I've found a workaround that I'd like to share with you all. It's quite simple: first, embed the insight content in ArcGIS Dashboards or Experience Builder, and then embed the said web app link into the Storymap.

Best,

Gilbert 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RylandLu
New Contributor III

Should note (since I brought this up in the past) that the settings are public on the insights reports.

0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@RylandLu 

Looking at the embedded reference in your second image I see the URL to your home page which is why it is showing that.  You need to share the Insights page as a report and copy the <iframe> tag to the embed component in Storymaps

AkshayHarshe_0-1710349874812.pngAkshayHarshe_1-1710350233526.png

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
RylandLu
New Contributor III

That is exactly what I did before. See below.

RylandLu_0-1710365865769.png

Every time I would copy the iframe into the embed link and enter in the embed, the embed content reference would revert to the insights home page after inserting. Any reason why this might be?

0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@RylandLu  Looks like this is an issue in ArcGIS Online, I was trying it on my Enterprise and it was working. This issue is likely related to Storymaps because nothing has changed from our side. I will notify both of our devs and investigate.

Unfortunately, I could not find a workaround. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
GilbertYeung
Esri Contributor

@RylandLu @AkshayHarshe 

After encountering the same issue while trying to embed my insights chart in Storymap, I've found a workaround that I'd like to share with you all. It's quite simple: first, embed the insight content in ArcGIS Dashboards or Experience Builder, and then embed the said web app link into the Storymap.

Best,

Gilbert 

RylandLu
New Contributor III

Thanks. I will try this right now!

Best,
Ryland

0 Kudos
RylandLu
New Contributor III

That works for the time being Gilbert. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@GilbertYeung Thanks for the workaround!

That said, I have logged an issue for our dev to check this out as this should work out of the box.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos