ArcGIS Insights - Filter the Predefined Filter Based on a Predefined Filter

Jump to solution
04-04-2022 07:54 PM
jantolihao1
Esri Contributor

I have 3 different admin boundaries (Provinces, Cities, Barangays). I have created a predefined filter for Province. I've also created a predefined filter for Cities. However, it says "Too many filter values. Existing and selected filters (1444 total) exceed the limit of 500 values."

jantolihao1_1-1649126548444.png

My questions are the following:

1. Is there a way to increase/modify the number of limit values? (i.e. more than 500)

2. I also want to filter those Cities in a Predefined Filter based on the Predefined Filter for Provinces. Is there a way to filter values in a predefined filter based on the selected value in another predefined filter without doing the dataset filtering since I need all values? Example: After I chose a Province (ex. Cebu), I want the Predefined Filter for Cities to only show me those Cities that belong to the Province of Cebu. 

If you have any idea on how to do this in ArcGIS Insights, please help me. I would really appreciate any hints or tips that you can provide. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KateMaclachlan
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

1. at this time there is not a way to change the limit on the number of values allowed in the predefined filter

2. We have plans in the works to implement cascading filters! So you should hopefully see this in an upcoming release. One option would be to use another card such as a reference table in lieu of the second filter (cities) which could update based on your predefined filter and show you the lower filters. If you take advantage of crossfilters it would allow the reference table or summary table to update to only show those cities. Hopefully this can help in the mean time!

Thanks,

Kate

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KateMaclachlan
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

1. at this time there is not a way to change the limit on the number of values allowed in the predefined filter

2. We have plans in the works to implement cascading filters! So you should hopefully see this in an upcoming release. One option would be to use another card such as a reference table in lieu of the second filter (cities) which could update based on your predefined filter and show you the lower filters. If you take advantage of crossfilters it would allow the reference table or summary table to update to only show those cities. Hopefully this can help in the mean time!

Thanks,

Kate

Ming
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi @KateMaclachlan,

Just tested Filter widget of latest ArcGIS Insights 2023.3, and it still doesn't support cascading function, right? So any plan for the cascading filters?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KateMaclachlan
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ming , 

With our 2023.3 release we did do some big updates to the filter widget; unfortunately, the work on the cascading filter is now on hold and we are not currently working on it.

I hope some of the updated functionality has helped, here is a blog that may help you get the most out of the new filter functionality https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/insights/data-management/getting-to-know-the-new-filter-wi... . I would be happy to help you to see if there is another way to effectively filter your data the current functionality.

Thanks,

Kate

0 Kudos
Ming
by
Occasional Contributor

Got it, thank you @KateMaclachlan very much!

0 Kudos