Update Published Data

07-24-2023 10:48 AM
Labels (1)
BradenWarns
New Contributor III

Using Insights within Enterprise only. Once I publish a dataset, it becomes a hosted feature layer. I can use this hosted layer in maps, apps, and dashboards. However, the published data is a snapshot/copy of what I have within Insights.

I proposed that the published dataset is not a snapshot/copy but be referenced data so that as new information is entered, the data is updated on the maps, apps, and dashboards.  

Tags (2)
1 Comment
ChakaClarke

Hi Braden,
Thanks for your suggestion, in the interim we do allow published reports to be updated by a scheduled update task, see help link below:
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/insights/latest/share/schedule-updates.htm
The schedule task can be set Hourly, Daily or Monthly, based on the nature of how the data is changing. This ensures published reports are kept up-to-date at controlled intervals, while making sure server resources usage is kept low so not to affect the performance of the enterprise sever. We try to avoid sharing data by reference for data security reasons. But If your enterprise does not have such concerns, I can understand that having the ability to enable sharing data by reference would be very desirable.
Thanks again for your contribution
Chaka