Scheduled Publishing Using Report Designer Page in AGOL Insights

09-18-2023 03:57 PM
Labels (1)
KaufmannC_Pasco
New Contributor III

Hello!

The report designer has been a great addition to Insights and lets us make some incredible layouts for custom reports. I have found an issue recently with the scheduling feature, not sure if it is a bug or not. When you publish out a workbook from Report Designer, the scheduler auto defaults back to publishing your default workbook report and does not use your custom Report Designer layout unless I am missing the magical button.

I would love to see the option added to use the Report designer as an option to publish from using the scheduler.

Thank you!

6 Comments
AkshayHarshe

@KaufmannC_Pasco This sounds like a new issue, I will test this and log it if necessary. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Any further information such as the following will be of a lot of help in narrowing this down.

• Deployment: (Enterprise/Online)
  • A version of ArcGIS Enterprise and Insights (if Enterprise)
  • What type of layout are you using to publish? (Desktop/Tablet/Phone)

Let me know

KaufmannC_Pasco

@AkshayHarshe Thank you for the reply!

We are using ArcGIS Online.
Latest Insights Deployment for Online.
I am using Desktop Layout.

A bit more detail if needed. So I can publish from the report designer using the Desktop Layout and the results will be that of the report designer with no issues. Its when I have a scheduled auto update it seems that it reverts back to the workbook layout the next time its scheduled to update. Currently I am using the every hour schedule.

AkshayHarshe

@KaufmannC_Pasco 

I have tested this and I could reproduce this issue. I have logged this and asked our dev to look. We will try to get this fixed in the next release. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Unfortunately, that means, you will not be able to take advantage of the new report designer and some of the functionality it offers such as resizing or removing the cards for certain layouts. Most of the styling functionality is available on the workbook page, I will recommend using that instead. If you were to remove certain cards or have a different layout you can duplicate the page and re/publish without going through report desinger. 

KaufmannC_Pasco

@AkshayHarshe 

Thank you for the update Akshay! I am glad its being looked at as was surprised it turned out to be a bug. We have indeed switched over to just using the workbook for now. I will keep an eye out for the upcoming updates. We have 2 more larger projects that will benefit far more from this.

AkshayHarshe

@KaufmannC_Pasco 

This should be fixed in the next release!

KaufmannC_Pasco

@AkshayHarshe 

Fantastic to hear! Thank you again for the update, I will keep an eye out for the what's new blog post.