Images taken for different dates, mosaicked and created one single raster from Mosaic but the raster has different colors. How to resolve one color?

08-23-2023 06:51 AM
AlainMunyaneza1
New Contributor II

Hello,

Hope You are well. I would like to ask a question. I have mosaicked images for different dates and get different colors due to those different images. When I try to use "Color Balance Mosaic dataset tool", the boundaries of those different images are not removed. Which process, I have to do to get one image with one color on overall? @VinayViswambharan @AkshayaSuresh @VinayViswambharan1 @AkshayaSuresh1 @DavidPeck 

The image example for making one color is attached.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlainMunyaneza1
New Contributor II

Sorry the question from the title was How to resolve or correct it to remain with one color? Using Color Balance Mosaic dataset tool, the image is not looking the same for different dates in output in all areas and still has the boundaries viewed where different images meet!

0 Kudos
AlainMunyaneza1
New Contributor II

For example from below, the images for different dates are looking different. I try to use Color balance tool and select to use one image target as example but still the images comes with boundaries and different colors. Check the part zoomed below

0 Kudos
SarahRijneke
Occasional Contributor

Are the images the same resolution? If not, you may be able to pan sharpen. You could also try to use some of the Raster layer tools - turn DRA on or off, change the stretch type, increase/decrease the layer brightness etc. 

SarahRijneke_0-1692817638255.png

0 Kudos
AlainMunyaneza1
New Contributor II

Hello Sarah,

The resolution is different. Let me try to reapply as before these raster layer tools.

0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor

Try to confirm that the statistics, the spatial resolution, and the histograms for the imagery is generated and similar. The color matching will need all of that information to find a blend that may work. If you have statistics, then you may want to continue to try the color balancing options besides the default. I would also consider if there is a histogram stretch applied to each of them and perhaps try and normalize them manually to see how close you can with the Appearance tab in ArcGIS Pro

I have had some success with different raster datasets as long as they are spectrally similar. If the values for the pixels or the bit depths vary then it may be too much. You might also try the Mosaic to New Raster tool to see if combining them directly improves it. If they are similar enough, then the mosaic process may improve the display. 

0 Kudos