Emerging hot Spot Analysis results under Visualize Space time Cube in 2D.

Jump to solution
04-23-2022 10:44 PM
Lacin_Ibrahim
New Contributor

Hi,

What's the difference between looking at Emerging hot Spot Analysis result vs Visualize Space time Cube in 2D when Emerging hot Spot analysis result is chosen for the display theme. I get different results, some certain area changes from no pattern to persistent hot . Is it different because I ran the Emerging hot Spot Analysis more than once with different parameters (with different  global window). 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Lacin_Ibrahim

The Visualize Space Time Cube in 2D tool will re-create the most recent result of Emerging Hot Spot Analysis for the analysis variable.  If you rerun EHSA on the same variable, the Visualize STC in 2D tool will start creating the output of the most recent EHSA tool run.  

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any clarifications.

-Eric

View solution in original post

3 Replies
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Lacin_Ibrahim

The Visualize Space Time Cube in 2D tool will re-create the most recent result of Emerging Hot Spot Analysis for the analysis variable.  If you rerun EHSA on the same variable, the Visualize STC in 2D tool will start creating the output of the most recent EHSA tool run.  

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any clarifications.

-Eric

Lacin_Ibrahim
New Contributor

That makes sense now, thanks.

Is there any little more detailed source for the Define global window parameter ? I don't get why the neighborhood time step (NTS) and individual time step results are different since NTS is set to 1. I assumed value assigned for the NTS will be the phases. 

For a background for my question: I am looking at a daily data for mobility patterns. I believe choosing entire cube gives me the general idea about the patterns for the whole study area. Since, my study area is a large one and have many clusters in it, I am hoping to see the neighborhoods relations by NTS or Individual time step window also. 

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
LaurenGriffin
Esri Contributor

Check out this video on Emerging Hot Spot Analysis. It visually describes the differences between each of the Global Window choices, and also discusses the differences in the results (and when one option might be better than another). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDRYBvOoDI&list=PLGZUzt4E4O2LuV0vuH74WN6j9nxv0jUty&index=5 

It's one of 5 videos associated with this learning path: https://learn.arcgis.com/en/paths/spatio-temporal-analysis-of-covid-19-daily-confirmed-cases/  I hope this helps! 

Lauren

0 Kudos