ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: Which data splitting method is used in the GWR when calculating the statistical metrics for performance evaluation?

02-14-2024 01:19 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: Which data splitting method is used in the GWR when calculating the statistical metrics for performance evaluation?

I couldn’t figure out which data splitting method is used in the GWR when calculating the statistical metrics (such as R2, MSE, RMSE, MAE, MAPE) for performance evaluation

Is it ratio method or k-fold cross validation? It is crucial to assess and verify the model by testing it on data distinct from the dataset used for its training.

Clip_155.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
1 Reply
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JamalNUMAN,

I don't think it does any data splitting for the statistics in your images.  Data splitting is not required in order to compute them, and in my experience, OLS, GWR, and other variants of the general linear model do not perform data exclusion to calculate them. In recent years, I've seen GWR used with data splitting (to make it more in line with machine learning workflows), but I do not think the GWR tool does this.

Also, I'd suggest that you ask your GWR questions (and any other questions about the Spatial Statistics toolbox) in the Spatial Statistics Place. I know a lot about GWR as a theory, but I'm less knowledgeable about the specifics of the implementation of the GWR tool.  For example, I do not know why those three statistics are calculated, but others (like MAPE) are not.