Select to view content in your preferred language

Why does my data flow stop when I edit a geoevent definition

07-24-2016 04:48 PM
MarcGraham1
Occasional Contributor

Hi there GeoEvent Team​ and GeoEvent​ people,

I am running geoevent extension 10.3.1.  I have created an input and defined its geoevent definition.  I have then created an intermediate geoevent definition with some extra fields and mapped that to the input definition.  These extra fields will be populated with values from field calculators further down the data flow.  Everything works fine until I decide that I need to add a new field to the intermediate geoevent definition in order to calculate this field later.  The moment I edit the intermediate geoevent definition the data stops flowing through to the output.  Even though I have only added an extra field, and I would have expected this to work but to add that field with null values until I calculate them myself. 

If I delete the geoevent service and recreate it everything works ok.  Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it?

The reason I am doing it this way is I do not want to have to handle all the managed definitions that get created when you add multiple field calculator processors.

Please help!

Thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarcGraham1
Occasional Contributor

This behaviour seems to have been fixed at 10.4.1 .  I can edit a geoevent definition and have the service happily continue sending through data without having to recreate any field mappers.

0 Kudos