Trucks sopped near to each others for period of time

01-22-2024 09:32 PM
Moi_Nccncc
New Contributor III

Hello, 

My scenario is I want to detect if 2 trucks stopped close within a buffer for period of time and fire alert. 
I am doing the following:

1. Initial Incident Detection:

• When a truck stops, initiate a single incident detector for that specific truck.
    • Set the incident to end after a certain duration (e.g., 5 minutes) or if the truck starts moving again.
  2. Buffer and Geofence:

• If the incident doesn't resolve within the specified time frame, create a buffer around the stopped truck's location.
    • Add the buffer area as a geofence.
  3. Ongoing Incident Check:

• Continuously monitor for ongoing incidents.
    • If you receive an ongoing incident alert, check if any other truck is within the geofenced area.

This is the main Idea

I feel its very complicated as there is a lot of things to do. I am using 3 incident detector. 
Any one have better idea 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryChristakos
Esri Contributor

Hi @Moi_Nccncc - You might want to look into using the Track Idle Detector Processor from the GeoEvent Server Gallery for this scenario. You can easily download and deploy it from the Gallery Add On Manager via GeoEvent Manager, or manually download and install it from here.

Track Idle is designed to monitor whether an event has moved or not. You could use this event to then trigger an incident with the incident detector per your criteria (e.g. expire the incident after 5 mins, or close it if the track idle detector passes along an event indicating movement has occurred).  You could apply the logic to your second scenario as well. If the incident is ongoing for more than 5 minutes, pass that along to a buffer processor and create a geofence via a sync rule. These geofences could then be used for the third scenario (i.e. monitor for ongoing incidents).

What you're describing is within the realm of doable/possible and I think you're on the right track. All I would add here is that the Track Idle detector might make your life easier when monitoring for movement (or lack thereof).

0 Kudos
Moi_Nccncc
New Contributor III

Thanks Gregoy, 

I am not sure if Track Idle Detector Processor  will help. 

After testing I found that Track Idle Detector works as follow example

1- A truck sent first event .

2- A truck send second event where is was not moving (maximum time elapsed) (Track Idle Detector Processor send alert.

3- A truck send third event while is still not moving (no alert happened).  

4- An alert will come with idl=false only if he already moved.

In my scenario  when the truck stop moving for period of time, I want to check with every alert he sent if there is anther truck close to it also stopped. 

I tried to use incident detector. I am not sure if this is the best scenario but I had to use 3 incident detectors as follow

1- First one to start an incident when the speed of the truck is 0 with no expiry time and will close only if speed > 0; 

2- Will start when first time time speed=0 detected and will expire only if speed > 0 or after 5 min. If it ends with expiry time not speed > 0 I create a buffer for this truck and consider it as geofence. 

3- Will start only if the second incident detector ends with expiry date and will start monitoring on Ongoing event from the first incident detector (here with every Ongoing event I check if there is any other truck stopped around (geofence with other already stopped trucks around).

I am not sure if this scenario is the best but my biggest concern is the number of opened incidents which might exceed 1000. 

0 Kudos