Leaving a geofence does not lead to closing the incident

Jump to solution
12-16-2022 05:28 AM
RPW
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have worked with GeoEvent Server and geofencing in the past few years, but now I encountered a puzzling but seemingly simple issue, which I am not able to solve.

I have an input feed of vessel position updates and a few geofences. When a vessel enters a geofence, an incident should be opened. When that vessel leaves the geofence, the incident should be closed.

However, what happens in my case is that the incident is not closed but stays "Ongoing" after leaving the geofence.

This is the opening condition: GEOMETRY ENTER ANY MyGeofenceCategory/.*

And here the close condition: GEOMETRY EXIT ANY MyGeofenceCategory/.*

As a side note, in a similar service in which the names of the geofences are defined in the opening and closing condition, closing the incident works. But defining the name of the geofences is not possible in the above mentioned case since the geofences change continuously.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RPW
by
New Contributor III

This problem was solved by bringing the number of track IDs down below 1000 by using an initial filter, as suggested by Esri support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RPW
by
New Contributor III

This problem was solved by bringing the number of track IDs down below 1000 by using an initial filter, as suggested by Esri support.

0 Kudos