Export to Excel broken by Maps for Office?

03-14-2016 04:09 PM
MikeLouwrens
Occasional Contributor III

We use the ArcGIS for Water Utilities tools, and regularly make use of the Export to Excel button from the Water Utility Network Editing toolbar, however right after installing the new ArcGIS Maps for Office 4 the Export to Excel button doesn't work anymore - instead I get an error message

ArcMap_2016-03-15_11-55-42.png

If I remove Maps for Office the Export to Excel works as normal.  Reinstall and I get the error again.  Nothing is exported.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Mike - we haven't seen this before. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! I'll get it over to our support team and ask that they follow up to get this potential bug reproduced, logged, and sent to our dev team for a fix.

MikeLouwrens

I have had to uninstall Maps for Office as I can't start a new Excel document without Excel crashing. 

EXCEL_2016-03-15_12-18-14.png

0 Kudos
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the screenshots, very helpful. I've asked that an analyst follow up with you to figure out what's going on.

0 Kudos
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

I just got notification that this issue has been reproduced internally and confirmed as a bug. It is being logged into our bug-tracking system and will be passed to our development team to be fixed. Thanks for reporting it!

MikeLouwrens

Thanks Scott for the update.  Was my second error (not able to start Excel document) also reproduced?

0 Kudos
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Mike - no, the second error was not reproducible. If it continues to give you trouble you may want to contact support directly. 

0 Kudos