Relationship class

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Hello GIS friends,

Scenario: I have a feature service consisting of three layers (point, line, and polygon) and two tables (table1 and table2). Each layer (point, line, and polygon) is related to both tables (table1 and table2). Additionally, the polygon layer is related to the point layer. I'm encountering an issue while attempting to add data in Field Maps. Upon opening the application, I notice a significant discrepancy: the option to add a point is notably absent, unlike the readily available options for adding lines or polygons. It's imperative to emphasize that the option to add a point should be as accessible as adding lines and polygons.

The absence of the option to add points directly hampers my ability to establish relationships between points and the two associated tables as seamlessly as I can with lines and polygons. Currently, I am unable to establish these relationships, significantly impeding my workflow.

The only instance where I encounter the option to add a point is when I initially add a polygon, which is appropriate since there is an inherent relationship between polygons and points. However, I should also have the independent option to add points, lines, and polygons, as well as the relationship tables when initially adding data in Field Maps.

In essence, I need to be able to add all types of features (points, lines, and polygons) independently and establish relationships with the associated tables from the outset. This includes the ability to add points directly and relate them to the tables, mirroring the functionality currently available for lines and polygons. Plus, the ability to add a polygon and relate it to the point and two tables.

This thing works in web appbuilder. I'm able to see the option to add all three-point, line and polygon and then relate each of them to the two tables. I'm also able to add a polygon and relate it to the point. This though, is not working in Field Maps.

Your assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

With that many relates it is probably confused as to who is the parent and child.  I assume you mean using the big blue plus sign.  To open them all up go into the Settings then Collection Settings and change the Show Related Types setting and see if it shows up then.

Hope that does it

View solution in original post

AbiDhakal

@DougBrowning- all this hassle for me and you did this in three sentences. Awesome! Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonathanMcD
New Contributor III

@AbiDhakal can you expand on what are the types of features your wishing to capture and the actual relationship hierarchy between them (the parent and child relationships), this context may just help you get a response. Screenshots also help.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

With that many relates it is probably confused as to who is the parent and child.  I assume you mean using the big blue plus sign.  To open them all up go into the Settings then Collection Settings and change the Show Related Types setting and see if it shows up then.

Hope that does it

AbiDhakal

@DougBrowning- all this hassle for me and you did this in three sentences. Awesome! Thank you.