Related Record Table Form not showing on ArcGIS Field Maps App

Jump to solution
01-29-2024 05:48 PM
molni576
New Contributor II

I am testing using Field Maps/Experience builder to record and visualise observations of river quality (e.g. nitrogen concentration). I'm trying to use a point layer for the (stationary) observation sites and a related table for holding observation records. I have been following this tutorial series and am currently trying to get my form for the related record table to show up on  Field Maps. The title of the table appears in the related record section but the form doesn't show up and the popup is just blank. I'm on the latest version of Field Maps running on Android 13.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
molni576
New Contributor II

I think I have figured out the issue. When I tried to upload my data to AGOL for some reason the Share as Web Layer option wasn't showing up in ArcGIS Pro even though I was signed in. As a work around I just zipped my geodatabase for the project and uploaded that. However uploading the data that way seems to be the issue. After refreshing my portal connection and restarting ArcGIS Pro the Share to Web Layer option was available again I was able to upload my data directly from ArcGIS Pro. Uploading it this way seems to have fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
marksm_macomb
Occasional Contributor

From your first screenshot, it doesn't look like you are even able to add a new related record. Did you double check to make sure editing is enabled on that feature service (specifically being able to add a new record)? What user type is the account you're using in the Field Maps app?

molni576
New Contributor II

Editing is enabled on the feature layer containing my points layer and the related table but I can't see a setting specifically for adding new records. I'm using the same account on ArcGIS Online and on the Field Maps App (I haven't shared the map to other accounts yet). I have the GIS Professional Advanced license.

molni576_0-1706649386844.png

0 Kudos
marksm_macomb
Occasional Contributor

@molni576  Oh yeah, I was referring to that "Add" option underneath "What kind of editing is allowed", so that all looks normal.... hmmmm. 

After quickly skimming through the tutorial that you followed, I noticed that his videos are 2 years old and there have been some significant changes since then. He was creating his web map in Map Viewer Classic, then configuring the form in the separate Field Maps web application. I don't know why this wouldn't still work now, but I would maybe try approaching it from a different workflow - 

1. Try creating a new web map in the new Map Viewer (not Map Viewer Classic).
  2. Add your feature service that contains the parent and related table.
  3. Configure the related table form directly in this web map.
  4. Try it in Field Maps on your mobile device and see what happens, if you get the same behavior.
molni576
New Contributor II

I think I have figured out the issue. When I tried to upload my data to AGOL for some reason the Share as Web Layer option wasn't showing up in ArcGIS Pro even though I was signed in. As a work around I just zipped my geodatabase for the project and uploaded that. However uploading the data that way seems to be the issue. After refreshing my portal connection and restarting ArcGIS Pro the Share to Web Layer option was available again I was able to upload my data directly from ArcGIS Pro. Uploading it this way seems to have fixed the issue.

0 Kudos