Select to view content in your preferred language

Offline Map Area download fails

a month ago
savanananah
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have an issue with an offline map area that won't create or download when doing so from the mobile device. The download fails. I have isolated the issue to a specific layer by deleting all but two layers from the map and then adding each of the two layers to a map separately - one specific layers causes a fail.

What are potential causes of a layer to fail offline? It works online.

Sync is enabled... 

This particular layer has Arcade expressions in the pop ups, and uses related records... is this too much for offline to handle?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @savanananah 

Sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue. Can you confirm if there are any field indexes in the layer which have a syntax starting with "exb-" it will be following by a character string but includes hyphens instead of underscores. 

You can remove these indexes that start with "exb-" then try again to take the layer(s) offline.

Otherwise have these layers worked before in an offline workflow?

Are they in the same coordinate system as other layers and your basemap?

Do you have at least one layer that is editable?

0 Kudos
savanananah
New Contributor III

Hi @DanielFox1 , thanks for your reply.

I checked the field indexes and I do not see any starting with exb-. 

Yes, we worked with these layers and map before without issues going offline, last summer.

I think they are in the same coordinate system... that being said the map and basemap are in Web Mercator, and I checked the source coordinate systems on both of the map's feature layers in ArcGIS Pro and they are NAD 1983 MTM 8 (which is the one we like to use), but I think that is normal right?

Yes, both of the feature layers are editable.

Any more help you can give is appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Can you make a layer in the same WebMercator projection as the basemap and try again to take offline again?

I would also recommend raising a support ticket with your local distributor so that they can troubleshoot further.

@savanananah 

0 Kudos