Listed pending edits are titled No Title: How do I can change this to read the field name of a selected record?

02-14-2022 10:24 AM
absmith1088
New Contributor

I am trying to figure out how to change the pending edits record name to read the field name of a selected record versus 'No Title.' I use Field Maps v 21.4.0 and ArcGIS Online to host my layer and table. The current setup is a feature layer with a related table (1:M relationship).

Some background on my work. I am collecting GPS and VHF signal collar information from foxes. Although I am in a location with cell phone service, I have turned off auto-sync to go back and forth to pending edits throughout the night, as the GPS and VHF signal status can change at any given minute.

The issue I am having is the pending edits are all listed as 'No Title' (see included screenshot). I would like this to instead read as Fox ID #. I have 40+ foxes that may be listed, so having to select each No Title to determine which fox I am updating information for will be daunting. I had seen ESRI Field Maps blogs where the No Title was an informative description, so I assume this is possible. Not sure because this is a child table issue or I am completely missing something in map viewer.

Please let me know if any additional information is needed to answer my question. Thank you!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

The Title field in the Edit window appears to use the "Title" field set in the Popup Config for that layer in the "Classic Map Viewer".

However, new/existing features will still show "No Title" if the title field is empty for the feature.

R_

0 Kudos
absmith1088
New Contributor

Thanks, @RhettZufelt. I may need further explanation. I did everything in the new Map Viewer. Does this mean I need to create and save a map in classic Map Viewer to resolve this? Also, am I able to update the title field for the feature layer to read the ID associated with that particular record?

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Sorry, looks like maybe I confused myself a bit, since been working with Experience Builder a lot lately also.

The new Map viewer and the Classic viewer save the popup info in different formats/locations.  EB reads popup info for forms from the new viewer, but search attributes, edit widget order from Classic.  So, in EB I have to open/config popups/save it BOTH viewers, which doesn't overwrite the other settings.

However, I just re-tested, and it appears that in Field maps, it is honoring the Title that I set up in popup configuration of the new viewer rather than the classic.

When configuring the popups, you can type text or choose attribute fields for the text.  If you put multiple in the title field, it will concatenate by default:

eg.    "Fox ID = " {foxid_field}

prints :   Fox ID = 151.275  (assuming that is the ID for that fox)

and:    "Fox ID = " {foxid_field} "   and   OBJECTID =  " {OBJECTID}

prints:    Fox ID = 151.275 and OBJECTID = 1 (or whatever the attributes are for that particular record).

R_

0 Kudos